Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 9: Describe a typical Sunday as a child

There was a time in my life where we would go to the same restaraunt every Sunday for brunch and then grocery shopping. 

That restaraunt was called Edokko's and it was a Japanese buffet style restaraunt in Pasadena.  Every single Japanese meal of my life has been compared to this place every since.  They set the bar for my favorite tempura, sushi, desserts, etc.  Now when I eat that kind of food, I think "was that as good as Edokko's?" 

I know what you're thinking.  Can a Japanese buffet really be that good?  It was.  Trust me. 

Then, after we'd stuffed ourselves silly, we'd pile into the car and head over to go grocery shopping.  That was perfect!  Never go grocery shopping hungry.  Instead, eat at a buffet and then go! 

Man I miss those days. 

No comments: