Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 8: Playing favorites.

Playing favorites doesn't mean anything to me because I'm an only child.  I was my father's favorite and my mother's favorite, and believe me I knew it. 

So instead I'm gonna tell you some of my favorite things.  This way I can avoid a lengthy and fanatical blog post and it can be fun and light. 

This was my favorite book when I was a child and I'm pretty sure my parents read it to me so many times that they could then stop reading it to me and I would recite it to them. 

My favorite author, if you haven't already guessed, is this lady right here.  Love.  Humor.  Nasty people get what's coming to them in the end.  We all live happily ever after with our soul mates.  Yup.  That's my favorite fantasy world. 

The coolest shopping website in my mind is this site right here and they have everything from jewelery to cutlery and home goods.  My favorite part about the site is that the link above takes you to the page where you shop by color.  You pick a color and they show you everything they have for sale that has that color in it.  Looking for a specific shade of pink earrings?  Click that pink and shop!  Looking for a blue bowl?  Find it here! 

Since I was a little girl and went to school in the area, I've dreamed of getting married at this place but now I'm not sure I have the audacity to plan a big wedding.  I had this creamy butter yellow and happy robin's egg blue wedding planned out in my head, but now I don't know if it's a waste of money or not.  But hey, a girl can still dream, right? 

When I grow up, I want to be this lady right here except I don't think Mike wants to own a working cattle ranch and frankly, I'm afraid to have 4 children.  I still think she's amazing.  Plus, her real name is "Ree" and I love quick and sassy names like "Ree" and "Kipp."  Well, it's true.  I do. 

Last, but certainly not least.  I could eat these cookies every single day for the rest of my life.  I wouldn't need anything else but a ceasar salad every once in a while.  I think I could survive. 

So that's it.  It's a little view of my favorite things in life.  Now go find stuff that makes you happy!

No comments: