Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 4: My Best Friend

Well I think we have a tie here folks. 

People always associate their "best friend" with someone that they can tell anything to, who will support them and love them regardless of their flaws, and who is always standing by them when everyone else walks away. 

That's my mom:


Even when I have pink highlights or I've just gotten into a fender bender, I can always tell my mom. 

But lately, even as life makes it easier for us to talk about anything, there are more and more times when Mike is becoming my best friend.  When I come home after a long day of work, he's the one that I can talk to.  When I'm upset with someone or something, he's the one that is next to me. 



So you see, I'm lucky.  I have two best friends and even greater than all of that, I have a support system of women that seem to be able to pick me up when even my mom and Mike can't do it.  You ladies know who you are.  The gym time.  The wine trips.  The random Tuesday afternoon phone calls just to catch up. 

2 comments:

Kristen said...

You're so lucky! What a sweet post!

Katie Michelle said...

I love that you're doing the 30 days of blogging!