Tuesday, September 28, 2010

San Fransisco: The Wandering Wanderers

Like I said in an earlier post, Big Mike and I made no concrete plans for our trip to San Fransisco. 

Instead we wandered the city. 

I've compiled a few photos to help illustrate what I mean when I say "we wandered." 


The largest Nordstrom that I've ever been in.  My mom and I call it the mothership.  Some people want to die in their sleep, I want to die inside of that Nordstrom.  At least I'll go happy! 


The infamous San Fransisco Cable Car.  It was the easiest way for us to get from our hotel up to Fisherman's Wharf and that area.


The Orpheum Theatre.  I love old buildings.  I love restored old buildings.  It was beautiful.


The Civic Center view, from the other side.  Our hotel was to the west of it.  This picture was taken from the east of it.


United Nations Plaza.  Mike really looked cool in the reflection of this series of monuments.


Arms.  I fell in love with these arms. 


This was a random sign on a random bar that we saw while sitting on the Cable Car.  It made me chuckle.  Sorry Cubs fans. 


Our view from our table at lunch.  We were dining at:


Aliotto's!!!  Great clam chowder.  It's amazing in a bread bowl.  By the way, if you're going to order soup in a bread bowl, our server informed us that she things patrons are wierd if they don't eat the bread.

Believe me, I ate the bread.  I at the bread gone.


Gosh darn it, I love this guy.  He doesn't even know how much I love him. 


The view from just outside of Ghiradelli Square. 


If you turn around and put your back towards the water, this is what greets you! 


The Buena Vista.  Go there.  Trust me.  Order the Blue Burger (if you like blue cheese) and an Irish Coffee.  On second thought, order 4 Irish Coffees.  You can thank me later. 


Note the bottom: The Original Chocolate Shop.  This is because there are about 4 different chocolate shops inside of Ghiradelli Square.  This, this one is the original.  Accept no subsitutions.


We had a 10% off coupon for the shop insde of Ghiradelli Square.  Not that I needed an excuse to eat ice cream and chocolate, but I used the coupon and I was pretty sure that they made it fat free for me too. 

And I'll leave you with this.  When you tell Big Mike to look up towards the street light so that you can take a cute picture, beware that you might end up with this. 


Note, I'm wearing a turtle neck sweater.  I had to pack it back away when we got home and had temperatures over 100 degrees. 

Travel happy! 

Kipp


1 comment:

Laura said...

Aww I miss San Fran!! Great pictures and funny Mike! haha :)