Sunday, September 12, 2010

Gettin' My Daily Fix!

This week, I tried something new.  I started following a Twitter that sends you Bible verses every single day.  I have to say, while I couple were sort of so-so, I got on the other day from Daily Bible Verse that was actually quite wow
"Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it."
Matthew 16:24-25
And then (this is my favorite part about Daily Bible Verse) they talked about the verse here
"The Bible is filled with paradoxes. The wisdom of losing your life only makes sense when you realize that there is another life to be gained. But that new life only comes when we first suffer the loss of giving up what we hold dear. Part of the dilemma is that we have to give up the familiar with no sense of what the new holds. This requires an action that engages our heart, mind and soul. And that is when the Lord can use us the most. To lose our life positions us to walk by faith, and that is the path that God has made us for since the Garden of Eden.


Today’s commentary by:
Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org"
So here I sit, pondering a verse and also recieve great wisdom from a Pastor that I would have never had the opportunity to learn from if it wasn't for this great tool! 

But really, what I take from this is that I am imperfect and I do not always choose to commit myself fully to my walk with God.  In fact, I often choose to try to work out my own battles and make my own decisions.  I need to realize that I must pass a lot of the choices on to Him, for He alone knows the outcome and how I will make it through things. 

I pray for my friends and family this week, first of all because I know some of you are struggling with things in your life.  You've learned (and you've taught me) to lift things up in prayer to Him when they get too hard, and He will carry our burdens.  But secondly, I will be praying for all of you that we may all learn to lose our lives to Him.  Many of us deal with our day-to-day hustle and we forget that we live for Him and Him alone.  The rest is all a bonus. 

So live happy my friends! 

Kipp

PS If you're looking for me on "the Twitter" I can be found here.

No comments: