Thursday, September 2, 2010

The little things to be thankful for today...

Some of you might not know this about me, but I ride a Vespa.  About two years ago, I looked at Big Mike one day and said, "Let's go get our motorcycle license." 

He happily agreed.  So off we went to our local motorcycle safety course and we both passed the class and later, we obtained our M1 licenses from the state of California.  If you want to learn more about how we did that or what we did to get our license, go check out the Motorcyle Safety Foundation

During this time, my parents and I drove out to a Vespa showroom and surprisingly, we bought a Vespa S 150 that day! 

So here I am, 2 years later and I'm still riding this thing.  It's so much fun!  Thinking about learning how to ride a motorcycle?  Do it!  Thinking about riding a Vespa!  Do it! 

Here's a few things that I'm grateful for when I ride my Vespa around town or even to work: 
  1. I'm thankful for the sunshine because it's like a free heater! 
  2. I'm thankful for 65 or more miles per gallon because I love to inspire cager* envy! 
  3. I'm thankful for the bugs that hit my face because I call them "organic exfoliators" and I keep on driving! 
  4. I'm thankful for the helmet that presses my hair down and keeps me from having frizzy hair when I get to work! 
  5. I'm thankful for the views that Upland, Claremont, and La Verne give me as I scoot along Base Line! 
  6. I'm thankful for wind because I like to think of it as an "all natural eye-lash curler"!   
  7. I'm thankful that it takes the same amount of time for me to ride my Vespa to work as it does for me to park my butt on the freeway to work. 
  8. I'm thankful I have the weather (almost) year-round here in California to ride my Vespa. 
  9. I'm thankful that I get to ride by Bloomfield Bakers and smell yummy things on my way to work! 
  10. I'm thankful that if I stop at the grocery store on my way home, I'm never tempted to buy more than what I need because it's sort of a pain in the butt to get too many things on the Vespa's bag rack. 
Ride happy! 

Kipp

* cager (n.) One who is confined to a cage or a motor vehicle.

3 comments:

Laura said...

haha love these!! They are all over my school and they look so cute and retro! Buying one here is pointless but I am definitely going to think about it when I go home :)

Kristen said...

It still cracks me up that you have a vespa, but idk why! I want a ride on it sometime!! I've always wanted one!

Mama said...

You're welcome for the Vespa. Scoot safely, please.