Friday, September 17, 2010

Fair Friday Continued

Well, I hope we get to head back to the fair again this week, but since we're headed on a little vacation I'm not sure that'll happen.  So I'm gonna throw a couple of things at you to try! 

First up, the Bark Park! 

We stopped here on our way to see some flowers (and some wine) and caught the tail end of the dog show.  It was really great to see several different dogs performing tricks! 


There are plenty of hay bales (yes, you read that correctly) to sit on and watch.  People come and go, and there's plenty of standing room as well. 

This is a great thing to pass some time, and not to mention the fact that it's one of the few activities at the fair that is still FREE! 

For our next stop, we wandered through the gardens and saw orchids, roses, calla lillies, and lots of other gorgeous plants.  And of course, I forgot to take a single picture.  Someone smack me! 

But as you wander through the flowers, you head into the Marketplace.  This is also the same place I told you about last week with beer, whiskey, vodka, and tequila tastings.  However, today, we had a different mission. 

Since I turned 21, my Dad and I have always done the wine tasting here together.  It's $11 for 5 tastings (not too shabby) and they've also added a chocolate cup with a raspberry wine for $4 this year.  You've got to get that!  It was so good! 


These are the wine lists.  Front and back.  Three columns.  Lots to choose from.  If you've heard about a winery but maybe you haven't tried it out yet, then you've got to check out the Fair first.  They have wine from California, New York, and even Europe!  Even though I wasn't totally crazy about the wine, I absolutely had to try a wine that was produced my Cal Poly Pomona! 


For those of you that don't know him, this is my padre.  You can tell we're related for several reasons: (1) We love tasting wine together, (2) Whether it's a lab coat or a shirt with a pocket, we always put things in our pockets, and (3) We both love Star Wars.  It's true. 

And finally, a giant corn dog.  You need a giant corn dog.  You must have a giant corn dog. 


Yup, a giant corn dog.  I should note that we all shared this: my mom, my dad, myself, and BM. 


Proof that I did not consume an entire giant corn dog. 


More proof.  I really don't want you to think that I ate this thing by myself.  Can you tell? 

Be happy at the Fair! 

Kipp

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm going to the fair this weekend and I can't wait! Matt and I are probably going next Friday too. I def agree with the giant corn dog- it's a must for every trip! Looks like you guys had a great time! Have a great vacation, see you next week!

Kathy said...

Giant corn dog looks awesome! :) Any chance you have a closeup of the wine from NY? I love their wine.

kippyskippy said...

I don't have the close up of the wine from NY, however I do still have my little yellow paper from last week. I'll get it out and let you know which wine it was from NY that we tasted!

Unknown said...

The baby bug and i shared a giant corn dog too!