Sunday, September 26, 2010

San Fransisco: THE BIG (PRE) GAME!

I must warn you, this was the entire reason that Big Mike and I planned this trip.  We bought the tickets for this game and got the hotel thrown in as a package.  We had no other plans except to go to this game. 

San Fransisco 49ers versus New Orleans Saints

We were a bit early for the game so we grabbed a couple of beers and headed down to check out our seats. 

Wow. 

Fourth row. 

I'm still baffled.  I could have sworn that only really rich people and important people got to sit in the first 10 rows.  I'm neither rich, nor important.

So there we are.  In the 49ers endzone.  Four rows from the field.  In front of us, a few of the San Fransisco guys are warming up.  To our left, the pre grame show is being recorded. 

Wait, what? 

Thta's right, the pre game show was being recorded right in front of us and to the left a little bit. 


Then, Mr. "I'm turning in my Heisman trophy" took the field. 

Ladies and gentlmen, Reggie Bush. 


It's at this moment that I should warn you that although I'm a Saints fan, I have never and will never be a Trojans fan.  It pains me to cheer on Reggie Bush, but it's the sacrifice I make for the WHO DAT nation. 

The next man I'm going to show you a picture of is my favorite player.  I was extremely sad a few years ago to see New York "throw him away" after their win at the Super Bowl, but I was extremely happy to see New Orleans pick him up.  He could quite possiblybe my favorite NFL player at the moment, and I've followed his career quite a bit over the past several years. 

I should probably mention, he's sort of a babe.  Well, at least I think he is. 

For those of you that don't watch football, may I introduce, Jeremy Shockey. 



Then the Saints took the field, and they huddled up and they jumped around and everyone yelled "BOO" really loud because we were sitting with 49ers fans. 

But then something amazing happened. 

The team lined up to stretch. 

Jeremy Shockey lined up in front of me. 

I mean, in front of me

I die. 



I didn't take any photos of him bending over with his butt towards me, but I definitely wanted to.  Man, I'm such a goof ball.  If Big Mike hadn't been sitting right next to me, I might have.  But, at the moment I had more respect for Big Mike and Jeremy Shockey's butt.  So I didn't snap the photo.  Don't think I didn't think about it, though.  

Then, the Saints warmed up in front of me.  Man, I could get used to this! 

So next up, may I introduce you to Drew Brees.  Aside from being an all-around great guy, he happens to be an amazing quarterback! 


Next up, head coach, Sean Payton.  Sorry for the bad shot, but he either had his back to me or he was giving me the profile as he watched his team warm up. 


I learned something at this game:  Porfessional football games are larger in both budget and theatrics than any high school or chollege football game that I've ever seen. 

This should come at no surprise, but I was still in awe by the fireworks, the flags, and even the National Anthem. 

Here's the 49ers entrance:


Next up, Jerry Rice entered the stadium.  I'll tell you why he was there in just a minute. 


And, as if all of this wasn't a big enough treat for Big Mike and I, BoyzIIMen was there to sing the National Anthem. 


I die. 

I cannot even tell you how speechless I was, and this was all before kick-off! 

Coming up next, I'll tell you all about the amazing game! 

Go watch some football everybody, and cheer on your favorite team while you're surrounded by the ones you love. 

Oh, and don't forget to be nice if your loved one's team wins the big game. 

Watch happy! 

Kipp

No comments: