Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thankfully, I live in America...

Iran is placing a ban on pets. 

I read this story at the LA Times website on Wednesday afternoon.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  What's even worse than Iran placing a ban on pets is that they're doing it saying that it's solely an act of copying the western culture and that it will lead to "evil outcomes." 

Evil outcomes?  What evil outcomes does a Poodle bring to the table?  Poop? 

So a prophet deemed that dogs are unclean.  I get it.  But what about ourdoor puppies and dogs?  What about a little Beagle that runs around your patio and shakes his tail every afternoon when you come home? 

But now the real question that I have: What happens to all of the pets that Iran residents already own?  Where will they end up?  Is there going to be some sort of mass exodus of canines?  Will someone go in and try to adopt all of the dogs and bring them to other countries?  Could American citizens even adopt a dog from Iran?  Would there be some sort of "canine flu" or disease that prevents us from doing so? 

I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone from Iran, but the second my government tells me that I cannot have a family pet, I believe it's time to find a new government. 

1 comment:

Kristen said...

check out this funny article about Mexicans..not really related, but I thought you'd find it funny.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/stop-making-delicious-food-i-cant-stop-eating-and,17951/