Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Game time!

Every afternoon around 2pm or so, I play a little game. 

No one else plays this game with me, and frankly I like it that way

It's not a game with a score. 

It's not a word game. 

Although, it's puzzling to me, it is technically not a puzzle. 

So I sit at my desk with a Snickers Almond and a piece of fruit.  Sometimes it's an apple.  Sometimes it's a pear.  Today it was an orange. 

Then I play a game.  I tell myself politely, "Self, if you are REALLY hungry then you will eat that piece of fruit.

Then my evil self comes in, "Nope.  I don't wanna!"  That little brat puts her hands on her hips and she shakes her head and purses her lips together.  "You can't make me"  she says. 

So then my polite self chimes in again.  "But if you eat that orange, and you're still hungry, I'll let you have that Snickers Almond bar.

The brat pipes up, "No!  I want the Snickers bar no-owwwww!"  She says with a whine. 

And finally, my logical and calm self ends the discussion.  "LISTEN TO ME YOU STUPID LITTLE GIRL!  IF YOU DON'T EAT THAT ORANGE, THEN YOU OBVIOUSLY AREN'T HUNGRY AND YOU DON'T DESERVE THAT SNICKERS BAR!

It should be noted, I have had the same orange and the same Snickers Almond bar on my desk for 4 days now.  Apparently I'm not really ever that hungry. 

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Bahahahahahaha LOVE this game! I'll have to incorporate it myself