Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sad and Sick Stuff for your Sunday

So earlier this week, I had the flu.  I didn't just have the flu, I had the Schwarzzen-Flu.  This thing was a beast.  Nothing good came from it.  I used up the last of my time off at work.  (Don't worry, I accumulate more each month.)  I couldn't eat anything.  (Wait a minute, that's bonus, right?)  I just laid in bed all day with my puppy while watching movies and horrible day time television. 

Day 1 of bed rest: 
  • Mr. & Mrs. Smith Brad Pitt is delicious in this film and the chase scene in the mini-van has got to be one of my all time favorite car chases.  Hilarious! 
  • Sex & the City Why?  Because of one scene and one scene only.  The scene in which Carrie is being whisked away from her own wedding by Charlotte and Miranda after Samantha stays for damage control.  In that scene she encounters Big on the street and after beating him over the head with her bouquet, Charlotte comes out to rescue Carrie and stop Big.  I cry miserably every single time I watch it.  Not because of Carrie, but because we've all had to step in and play Charlotte's roll at one moment or another.  We've all had to rescue a broken-hearted friend and tell her ex to "GTF" out of there.  Right? 
  • Flash Gordon Yah.  I watched it.  So what?  I happen to be addicted to this movie.  Ever since I was a child, I was obsessed with Flash Gordon and the obviously over-the-top antics.  Sam Jones?  Timothy Dalton?  Soundtrack by Queen?  Could life get any better than this?  I don't think so. 

Day 2 of bed rest: 
  • Chuck I admit it, I love this show.  From the goofy kid that works at the Buy More, to the kick-butt female agent that falls in love with him.  This show is totally entertaining and never too heavy or too sexual for me to be in the mood for. 
  • Hawaii Five-0 This show premiered while Big Mike and I were in San Fransisco, so I recorded the second episode just to check it out due to my love for Alex O'Loughlin and Scott Caan.  While I wasn't mesmorized, I was pleasantly entertained and I can say that I'll probably watch it again and see if it gets a touch better.  I have to like the characters a bit more I think, and as of this moment I'm simply not attached to them. 
  • My Sister's Keeper I have to admit that I didn't mean to watch any of this movie.  I fell asleep watching something (I can't remember what) and woke up to Cameron Diaz on my screen.  By the time I figured out that it wasn't her in a funny role, it was too late.  I was already crying.  I avoided this book and this movie at all costs in the past, but yesterday it caught up with me and I ended up crying like a little baby.  Thank heavens Big Mike was still downstairs watching something else. 
  • Sons of Anarchy Okay, well this is only sort of a lie.  It came on at 10 pm where I live, and we all know that I was fast asleep by that time.  So I recorded it and I watched it this morning.  As tired as I was, it was a good episode.  I still want to grow up to be Gemma, that lady is so tough and so loved.  She's one cool old lady! 
So there you have it, that's what I do when I'm sick.  I watch good movies, bad movies, and miscellaneous television shows. 

What do you do when you're sick?  Read?  Watch movies?  What movies? 

Be healthy! 

Kipp

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I can't believe you haven't read My Sister's Keeper! It's such a great book, even if it is sad. The movie and book have different endings too. I have it if you would like ot borrow it.