Sunday, December 12, 2010

December Musings: Day 12

Do you ever have a moment where you stop and ask yourself, "How did I get here?

Well I have them. 

I have them quite often. 

A few weeks ago, I looked around and found myself sitting at a rodeo and really, I mean intensely, excited about watching "mutton busting" and surrounded by amazing people. 

That's right, click that link to find out what mutton busting or mutton bustin' as it is more accurately pronounced is.  I tried to explain it to my girlfriends a few days ago, and they looked at me like I was crazy. 

"You strap your kid to a sheep?" was the reaction that I got. 

So as I was there, drinking beer and cheering on bareback riders and bull riders, and I stopped and realized that (as odd as this sounds) if I have children I would like for them to be exposed to all sorts of things, including rodeos. 

Then, as we were leaving, Big Mike and I proceeded to laugh more than we had in a very, very, very long time.  We spent the rest of the evening with Big Mike's best childhood friend and his wife, doing grown up things and drinking grown up drinks.  But before we left, I snapped a few funny shots!  Enjoy! 


Mike hanging out with the broncos..


Mike teaching Trisha the proper way to feed a bull...


Jon and Mike hanging out after the rodeo in the ticket booth...

No comments: