Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December Musings: Day 1


This is a very important photo to me.  A few months ago, I'm putting around reading my usual blogs and I came across this one: the remnants of a fire that took a house. 

Not just any house, but the house of a woman whose blog I read quite often.  See the original link here.

It took my breath away.  Their house.  Their belongings.  Their identities. 

I read her blog.  I got tears in my eyes near the end when she says, "Finally, I want to tell you that even if everything you’ve ever owned is gone, it’s not the end of the world. It gets easier" because I honestly cannot imagine it getting easier. 

She originally told the story of the fire here, and I cried when she said that her son Tim re-entered the home to save his grandmother who had been sleeping upstair. 

As we enter into this holiday season, think of this picture.  Think of this family.  Think of everything you have in your life and throw a little gratitude up to God. 

Last, but not least, follow Ivory Hut's instructions in her blog about how to prepare for something like this.  Insurance will only get you so far, you need to have a plan...

Live gratefully,

Kipp

No comments: