Monday, February 8, 2010

When I grow up...

...I want to be a cross between Bette Midler, Paula Dean, and the Ree Drummond. 

Why?  Well let's see...

  • "Bath House Betty" is the single coolest human being alive in my book.  I'm not sure how you can top Beaches, Wind Beneath My Wings, Rosemary Clooney songs, duets with Barry Manilow, and being a ginger from Hawaii.  I mean for crying out loud, the gays call her the "Divine Miss M!"

  • Becuase Momma Dean has scientifically proven that everything, yes everything, tastes better with butter.  I gain weight when I watch her show.  I'm not sure why and I'm not sure how, but watching the show gives me a wider stance and a southern drawl.  And I love it. 

  • Now some of you are scratching your heads, "Who is this Ree chick?"  She's a mother.  She's an author.  She's the wife to a real life "Marlboro Man" as she calls him.  She's a photographer.  And even better than all of these, she's funny like Bette and cooks with butter like Paula. 

What's that?  Did I hear you say that you don't believe me?  Okay well head on over to http://www.pioneerwoman.com/ and I guarantee you'll get lost in her photo blog, the story of how she met/married "MM" himself, or her recipes.  I dare you to be there for less than 1 hour.  Triple dog dare.  With a cherry on top. 

No comments: