Monday, February 15, 2010

I love...

Here's a little list in honor of yesterday's wonderful little holiday that was created by Hallmark and continued by hopeless romantics everywhere! 

...the smell of chocolate chip cookies baking.

...clear skies and cold, crisp mornings. 

...watching a movies with my own personal heating blanket, AKA Mr. Beans. 

...riding through country back-roads on the Vespa and smelling all the fresh vegetables in the fields. 

...ice cold beer with ice chips floating in it. 

...blue box mac 'n cheese mixed in with a bag of frozen peas. 

...my mother's enchiladas. 

...Stephenie Meyer's Twilight books.  (Okay, I'll admit it.  I watch the movies too.)

...daisies. 

...working in the lab by myself on a weekend or a holiday (sometimes). 

...the sound of my parents in the living room and rustling newspapers. 

...Ramey's Carne Asada.

...fresh out of the dryer sheets and towels.  (I should really just buy a warming towel rack, right?)

...the smell of freshly sharpened pencils. 

...a hand made card or postcard in the mail.  (Snail-mail)

...when my car is clean, inside and out. 

...the way I fit under Mike's arm. 

...the sound of my bird whistling to me as I enter my parents' house. 

...getting to-go food from Vince's and taking them to Gramma's house. 

...cynical and sarcastic love books such as He's Just Not Into You, It's Called A Break Up Because It's Broken, and Such a Pretty Fat: Why Pie is Not the Answer

...road trips. 

No comments: