Thursday, February 4, 2010

Escrow: Day 11

OUR HOME INSPECTION IS TOMORROW!!!

I spoke to our loan dude today (no name mentioned because I doubt I would recommend him to anyone) and it appears as though he submitted our documents incorrectly.  We had originally looked at FHA loans, but due to some saving and a bit of a loan from our family we have decided to go with a conventional loan.  Well the loan dude submitted all of our paperwork to the underwriters as FHA! 

It's all worked out now, but it was a bit of a "DOH!" moment for me.  I shook my head, squared my shoulders and moved on.  Now we're in the clear and getting ready to set up our appraisal!  Yikes!  That's a couple of hundred dollars for someone to tell me how much this property is worth and that scares me almost as much as the home inspection! 

So cross your fingers, toes, and eyes.  Pray for us.  Throw salt over your shoulder for us.  Do whatever it is you do for good luck.  (Just don't sacrifice any animals for us.) 

We promise that as soon as we're in the house and everything is settled, you're all welcome for dinner or drinks! 

Love, Mike & Kipp

PS Here's a little something that's been getting me through the day with only minor break-downs. 

Isaiah 40:31



But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. 

No comments: