Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Trying to Put things to good use!

So, what do you do with all of last year's Christmas cards? 

Yah, I didn't know what to do either.  So I put them away for a year so I could figure it out. 

That's when I came up with this:


I trimmed up all of the cards we had from 2010, punched a whole in the top, and tied them to a string of ribbon.  Boom!  Instant garland! 

It was inexpensive (I already had scissors and a spool of ribbon) and sentimental.  I made sure to write who sent us the card and 2010 on the back of each cut out, so that next year I'll have a new one with new people and a new year to hang and I can tell the two apart. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

UBER CUTE! i have a stack of cards i can do this with, i normally just make a collage of cards on my door lol