Monday, January 16, 2012

Powder Room (BEFORE)

On MLK, Jr day, I lost my mind.  I had hated the color of our downstairs powder room for about 6 months now, and I decided I needed to change it.  You see, when we moved in, I did very neutral colors throughout the house and decided to be "daring" in the small powder room.  I went with a creamy peach, which translated to a room that no matter how your makeup was done, you looked like you were an oompa loompa in this room! 

This is what it looked like before I painted it the first time: 



The previous owner had painted the smallest room in the house a blood red color.  It felt so ridiculously small!  I was claustrophobic in this room! 

Then I painted it a creamy peach color.  At first I loved it, simple yet slightly feminine.  Then I looked at myself in the mirror.  I don't have BIG shots of the actual powder room itself, only myself in it.  Here are some examples:


This is a photo that is not from the bathroom.  Please note, I am not orange here.  In real life, I am not orange! 



This photo is from the powder room.  Look at that!  I'm orange!  Imagine doing your hair or make up in this room.  It is an absolute nightmare. 

So stay tuned to find out what I did to change this, and if it worked out well for me! 




No comments: