Wednesday, June 9, 2010

4 years? No, I'm not talking about a Presidency!

Some of you may have read or heard me say that today is Mike & my 4 year anniversary.  However, what you may not know is how many of you were there the night that we started our relationship. 

Mike & I had been on a few dates and spent time together before June 9, 2006, but it wasn't really until that night that anything got serious.  On that Friday, I graduated from Cal Poly Pomona and was planning a party for my family & friends.  I had invited Mike to both the graduation and the party, but in all honesty I did not expect him to sit through a boring 2 or 3 hour commencement ceremony. 

Well, let me tell you how shocked I was to discover that Mike had showed up to the ceremonies and sat with my friends & family throughout the whole thing.  He then headed back with us to my parents house and stayed for the entire party! 

Now because it was such a great party, the details are a little fuzzy in my head.  What I do know is that he was by my side the entire night and was up again the next morning helping my father and I clean up.  I'm pretty sure that the sight of Mike's true character was enough to get our relationship going. 

I am so blessed to have him in my life, and I'm grateful to all of the people around us that have supported us over the past 4 years.  As we get are preparing to host Mike's graduationg party at our home together this weekend, I get to look back at the last few years and just be grateful.  I guess all of his hard work paid off in school, and his patience with me has pulled us through a lot in our time together.  I could not imaging anyone else in my life, and I look forward to all of the wonderful times we have ahead of us. 

The truth is, I think Mike loves me because of my family's ability to make amazing tacos in large quantities.  Just ask him. 

No comments: