Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wow, now I have to start blogging again.

Sorry I've been missing for a while.  I've been doing a little self-improvement, and as we all know, improving one's self can be a very time consuming task. 

But.  Stop the presses.  The world kept turning, and only a couple of people noticed I had slowed my blogging down.  Okay, I slowed it to a stop. 

If you noticed, I'm sorry. 

If you didn't notice, I accept your apology.  I kid.  I kid. 

But, one earth-shattering experience did happen.  I met the woman that inspires me to blog. 

I'm not kidding. 

I met her. 

In the flesh. 

Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman

Don't believe me? 

Alright fine.  I'll bust out the big guns now. 


Now let's not talk about my magic disappearing eyebrows. 

Or the fact that the person that took this picture obviously works for Barnes & Noble (because they had to frame it in the picture???  off center???). 

Or the fact that my "sorority pose" could use some work. 

Or the fact that I should have curled my hair a bit tighter that day. 

Let's talk about that gorgeous red-head in the photo with me. 

She was polite, poised, soft-spoken, and everything I could have imagined. 

I walked out of that Barnes & Noble on cloud nine that night, and I was craving a steak and suddenly wishing I had four children. 

Okay, well you can scratch that last part! 

If you haven't checked out her cookbook or her novel yet, click here and you can thank me later. 

Read, eat, and ranch happy! 

Kipp

2 comments:

Kristen said...

very cool

Laura said...

I missed your blogs, so I'm glad you're back! Can't wait to see her on Saturday :)