Friday, April 23, 2010

So today I was counting my blessings...

I was sitting back today and counting my blessings.  I like to do this every once in a while when I'm stressed out just to re-focus myself and get my priorities in order.  I have a lot to be thankful for and usually I count about 10 things in my head that are blessings and my tension has decrease by half.  You should all try this technique some day! 

So today something at the lab was really bothering me.  Things bother me every single day at the lab, but I usually just fix the problem and walk away.  Today I couldn't do that.  So in my head I started counting blessings. 

"One: I am blessed to have a roof over my head that I share with someone that I love so fervently." 
"Two: I am blessed to have that roof so close to such amazing friends and family like Rose and Devin." 

I stopped.  Those last two names were pretty calming and soothing by themselves.  I didn't need to count any higher than two today. 

Mike and I moved here on March 25th and we didn't have a kitchen set up or a laundry area.  Since that time, Rose has fed us and opened her home to us to do laundry on several occasions.  As an added bonus, he son Devin is a playful little booger who likes to have his picture taken! 

Rose mentioned something about the pulled chicken sandwiches that I was making for dinner sounding yummy and I immediately invited them over for dinner and a time to look at Devin's photographs.  Let me tell you, we had so much fun!  I love watching Devin motor around and pick items up off of the tables and floor!  And seeing my dear friend Rose as a mommy?  Well that's fun too!  She's so calm and matter of fact about everything.  She knows what he's going to do even before he actually does it. 

So today they are my blessings.  May you all find yours...

No comments: