Monday, January 25, 2010

Escrow: Day 2

Well it's official.  Yesterday I wrote a check larger than any other check I've written in my lifetime.  I was so nervous that I didn't know how to write out "$5,500" and even though most people would have written "five thousand, five hundred dollars" I freaked out and wrote "fifty five hundred dollars."  I doubt it matters, though.  Money is money. 

We've scheduled our home inspection for Thursday, February 4th.  That's the part I'm the most nervous about.  We already know of a few problems in the property having to do with wood rot or wate damage, but what about the stuff we don't know about?  Well, I guess we'll wait and see!  Please keep us in your prayers or cross your fingers. 

But for now, I leave you with a few pictures of our new place.  Our family got to see these last week in an email, but I figured you guys and girls might want to see them too.  Believe me, we are already aware of the icky red colors and orange strip in one of the bedrooms.  Those will be nixxed easily enough as soon as we move in. 



The entrance to our possible new home.  The left window is to the kitchen, the right window is to the powder room. 


The kitchen.  Red.  Really really red. 


One corner of the living room.  The important corner if you ask me.  A brick fireplace, sigh.  Wood burning. 


The patio and rear entrance.  Someone please hand me a rake, or better yet a blower. 



The powder room.  There's the hideous red again. 


The guest bedroom.  Yes, the orange stripe is crooked.  No, Austin, we will not paint a black stripe on it and make it the "Harley Davidson" room.  What you don't see is the walk-in closet on the right hand side of the room.  It's so purrty. 


Master Bedroom window and one-third of the closet.  Yes, it's a tri-panel closet.  Yes, I could fill it all by myself.  No, I won't do it because I love Mike too much. 


Master Bath.  With a tub.  Why is a tub so important?  Well because I've had one all of my life and it just is.  So there. 

So that's our mini-tour.  I hope you enjoyed it.  Maybe someday soon you can all come over to help us paint or better yet, to help us turn our new house into a true home

Thank you for all of your love and support, please keep it coming.  And to all of our friends out there that are thinking to buy, we wish you all the success and happiness and in a much shorter amount of time than it's taken us. 

Love, Mike and Kipp

No comments: