Friday, September 19, 2008

Los Angeles County Fair

Well everyone! Long time no blog!

I wanted to let you know that tomorrow, Saturday, September 20th, I will be off to the LA County Fair for my fourth trip this year. I have to say that I am a bit of a fair addict and when it comes around, I simply cannot get enough.

Trip one was on opening day where I ran over solo after work. It was only $1 if you got in before 5pm, however La Verne police department ensured that I did not arrive before the cut off time by placing a sobriety and license check point about half a mile from the fair entrance. This meant that a usual 20 minute trip from Monrovia to the Fairplex turned into a 90 minute ordeal. Nevertheless, I arrived at the fair safely and met up with Mike and Chris after I saw my scrapbook pages on display. No ribbons this year, but you better believe that I'm out for something come 2009!

Trip two was last friday when I took a mental health day from work and Ms. Amanda Bailey and I headed over for 7 hours of sheer enjoyment. I have to say, because it was Amanda's first time I tried to cram way too much into the day. There was beer, then fried food, then barbeque, followed by shopping around the CalSpa area, a visit to the infamous Budweiser horses, a trip to the flower display, and of course the first race of the day at the famous race track. After that we headed over for some highly enjoyable beer tasting and we even bet on some horses! I've never bet on horse before, and I can probably say it'll be my last time also. I'm no good. I tried picking by odds, names, colors of their numbers...it doesn't matter. Then we topped off the day to a trip to see the Winter Wonderland and the classic Vespa booth, a quick trip to see the farm animals and we were off to rest our weary little heads!

Last night was my third trip, and although it was brief it was still a lot of fun. Don't forget, it's only $5 after 5pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Mike and I headed over for some food, a couple of beers and I finally got to taste some wines that I've been dying to try! Well unfortunately my "5 hour energy" drink wore off and Mike had to drive me home before I fell asleep on a bench by the Avalon!

Well I'm headed back tomorrow for some more fun and to see the great twenty-something year old, Ms. Jessica Simpson, perform. I even went out and bought her album so I would know some of the songs. It's too bad I don't think Dolly Parton will be there tomorrow to perform with her. I've never seen Dolly live and I think I would scream like a 13 year old at a Jonas Brothers concert.

So if you haven't yet gone, go. If you've only been once, go again. If you've been more than me, then tell me what your favorite part is.

No comments: