Friday, December 2, 2011

I Can't Get Enough of This!

Two months ago, I had the incredible honor of serving as a bridesmaid for a most dear friend of mine.  Before the wedding we discussed every detail: shoes, hair, dress, food, wine, and most importantly, music. 

You see, each and every friend of mine has a special bond with me.  We share love of certain foods, a drink, a book, a moment in time, well you get the point.   This friend and I happen to share music.  I remember a time in my life after a break up when I hopped in her car for a night out and she said, "I've got this album, and it might be sort of weird, but this is what I think is going on between you and him." 

As she played it, she was right, and to be completely honest, that album and her friendship brought me through that break up.  (For the record, the album was Miranda Lambert's Kerosene album, and the song in particular was "What About Georgia?")

So when we talked about her wedding, and the music, and the people, it came down to two songs: the first dance and the father-daughter dance.  Now, in my head I've already got my father-daughter dance music picked, so I'm not going to steal this one.  However, I have to share hers with you all.  I love the words.  I love the tempo.  I love her.  I love her father.  I just love this song and the special meaning it now has to me.  I love that I cried just hearing it from my table during the dances. 

So enjoy, share it, share this love and blessing with those that you love.  I know I will! 

No comments: